Connecting Your Gmail Account to SMPL System
To connect a Gmail account to SMPL, you'll need to take a few additional steps besides filling out your E-Mail Settings in your SMPL System. Please follow these steps to get connected:
- Log into your Gmail Account.
- In the top right corner click on the square of 9 dots.
- Click on the "Account" icon.
- On the far left menu click on "Security".
- Scroll down to the "Signing in to Google" section.
- Check your setting for "2-Step Verification". If this is off you will need to turn it on; click on the section and follow the instructions to do so. If it is already on, skip to step 7.
- Next, you'll create an App Password. Click this section to proceed. Where it says, "Select the app and device you want to generate the app password for.", select "Mail" for App, and "Other (Custom Name)" for Device. Give it a clearly identifying name such as "Mail on SMPL System".
- The App Password will now be generated. Copy the password exactly as-is, including the spaces, into your E-Mail Settings in your SMPL System.
- If you haven't already filled out the rest of your E-Mail Settings, do so now. Test them to make sure they are working, and then save them.
- Go to the Inbox tool in your SMPL System. You will now be able to view and send emails, and copy them to Person records' Communication History.